How Old Do You Have To Be To Play Airsoft? Airsoft is a game where people aim to defeat one another by using fake guns made of plastic and metal to shoot paintball-like pellets at targets. The guns use pellets that do not cause much pain but can leave marks on the body and can cause injuries to younger ones.
Nowadays, many individuals are interested in participating in such games, but in most countries, it is illegal to sell airsoft devices to the general public; therefore, a minimum age limit has been introduced concerning who can and cannot purchase Airsoft.
The minimum age when it comes to purchasing an Airsoft device will vary depending on the country, but they are as low as 13. While other countries, according to their law, have set different ages between 14–17 years old.
There is no specific age restriction for participation, but restrictions may depend on the gun you are using to play.
Some companies have raised concerns about the safety of this sport for children. People worry that if these children are inexperienced or dont know all of the rules, they will be more prone to injuries.
However, these fears are overblown because there are strict requirements to be on an airsoft field. You must be at least 18 years old and keep your fingernails trimmed so you don’t embed them into someone else and cause a fatal wound.
Concerns about the age requirement have been nullified by those who argue that minors should not engage in dangerous sports and instead should encourage their kids to take up safer recreation methods like more non-competitive sports or chess clubs.
In continuation with this debate, there are arguments for and against both age limits and the presence of any age restrictions at all.
– Minors under a certain age might not understand the importance of following safe practices when playing Airsoft.
– Many players below an age limit can have difficulty hearing commands or lacking reflexes, or reacting as quickly to surroundings on the field, which can cause safety hazards for themselves and others in their instance.
– Lowering the minimum allowable age will help create an environment that welcomes more people, especially children, to play the game regularly and increase the pool of available talent (people who grow up playing Airsoft) needed to support high levels of competition by adults.
– Some people believe that if minors are provided with proper training and are carefully monitored, there is zero percent chance that they will get injured while playing the sport.
Other people argue that the 18 years of age limit is too much; if any kid is passionate about any sport, he/she should be allowed to practice it. Every sport is equally dangerous if will see activities from this perspective. You can take the example of cricket or football; multiple players get injured while playing it. However, there are no age restrictions on it.
– Some people think that people can play the game as young as seven. However, before letting any kid get into the field, there should be a consent form signed by the parents.
To make sure you or your kids are safe while playing Airsoft, you must follow a few instructions. We have made a safety checklist for Airsoft; all you have to do is read them carefully and follow them whenever you are playing it.
- The face is the first and the most important thing while playing games like Airsoft. Therefore, it requires extra attention. For an adult, protection glasses would be more than enough. However, kids should wear face masks, helmets, and protective glasses.
- It doesn’t matter if you are an adult or kid; you have to wear armor as it helps you differentiate between your team and the opponent. If you do not wear armor, there are chances that you might shoot any of your teammates from a close distance, and it is indeed very dangerous.
- Other things such as gloves, kneecaps, elbow caps are equally important.
- The safety of the players also depends on the person who is monitoring the game. He should be well equipped with a mic in hand to stop the game whenever needed. The referee has to stop the game when there is any injury or when the safety gears of any player are distrurbed.
- All players have to follow the rules otherwise, they should be eliminated.
- Shoot from the minimum 50 meters distance. That means never get too close to the opponent; it can hurt them bad.
To decide the size of the gun, you have to be honest with yourself. If you are a parent, evaluate your kid by looking at the height and weight of your kid. For below 14 kids, you should always go for the smaller guns because they are easy to carry, and the damage of these guns is less compared to the bigger ones.
On the contrary, if you are an adult and you want to enjoy the game properly, go for the best options available in the market. Keep in mind that these high-efficiency guns are very dangerous, and you have to be extremely careful while handling such guns.
Airsoft guns are not made to use at home. Therefore, governments of every country should not sell them to the general public. However, it is a very good sport, and people enjoy it a lot; if the guns are only sold to the field owners that have a license to let people play in the same environment will be very good for the lovers of this game.
It doesn’t matter how old you are to play Airsoft if you are following the rules. We have provided you with detailed guidelines on how old you should be to play Airsoft. Now the ball is in your court, to know more about the Airsoft and other similar games. Stay connected!